Volunteer with us today!
Developing K.I.D.S. needs you! We would love to have you volunteer with us. Below is a current list of volunteer opportunities during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assist with homework assignments for any grades between K-12th
- Facilitate a 1 hr. workshop for youth at our 2021 Youth & Young Adult Summit
- Assist with outdoor Family Night Activities ***
- Host a virtual fundraiser
***Masks, gloves and temperature checks will be provided for in-person support and mandator for participation of volunteers.
Below are volunteer opportunities under normal circumstances.
- Assist once a week, twice a week, or for special events. During the school year, Youth Workshops take place from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays. Family Nights are held bi-monthly, often on Friday evenings. We also have holiday parties, poetry nights and other special activities. The Summer Program workshops and activities have volunteer opportunities between the hours of 9-5p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Facilitate a workshop of your interest or field of expertise for youth or adults (career preparation, cooking, crafts, motivational speaking, health, kickboxing, etc.) You choose the day(s) and time(s).
- Prepare or contribute simple meals or snacks for youth.
- Provide homework assistance from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday-Thursdays
- Gather donations of various workshop materials, craft items, small incentive prizes, hygiene/hair products, games, videos, recreational equipment, tickets to events, gift cards, etc.
- Coordinate a group volunteer night
- Host a third-party fundraiser with your company or organization (e.g., $5 dress down Fridays; bowl-a-thons; etc.)
All volunteers must attend an orientation and pass a criminal and Department of Human Services Background check.
If you would like to volunteer continuously, please register for our Volunteer Orientation by clicking on HERE. These workshops are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6-7pm via Zoom.
- February 11th
- March 11th
- April 8th
- May 13th
- June 10th
- July 8th
- August 12th
- September 9th
- October 14th
- November 11th
- December 9th