Attention All Volunteers!
Developing K.I.D.S. needs you! We would love to have you:
- Assist once a week, twice a week, or for special events. During the school year, Youth Workshops take place from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays. Family Nights are held bi-monthly, often on Friday evenings. We also have holiday parties, poetry nights and other special activities. The Summer Program workshops and activities have volunteer opportunities between the hours of 9-5p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Facilitate a workshop of your interest or field of expertise for youth or adults (career preparation, cooking, crafts, motivational speaking, health, kickboxing, etc.) You choose the day(s) and time(s).
- Prepare or contribute simple meals or snacks for youth.
- Provide homework assistance from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Gather donations of various workshop materials, craft items, small incentive prizes, hygiene/hair products, games, videos, recreational equipment, tickets to events, gift cards, etc.
- Coordinate a group volunteer night.
- Host a third-party fundraiser with your company or organization (e.g., $5 dress down Fridays; bowl-a-thons; etc.)
Download and complete our volunteer_application packet, then call 888-294-6554 ext. 6 or 2 for more information.
All volunteers must attend an orientation and pass a criminal and Department of Human Services Background check.
To learn about summer youth employment opportunities only, contact Mrs. Tenecha Bland at email@example.com.